Proposed Reduced Fees for Junior Basketball
Here`s the Facts
Albury Basketball Association has agreed with AlburyCity Council to a reduction in fees of up to $34 per player per season based on a seasonal court hire fee, moving away from the current antiquated week-by-week payment process.
At present, parents need to pay games tickets for junior basketball as they enter the Sports Centre. This requires staff to be rostered on to collect the money on behalf ofthe association contributing $11,000 to the sports centre`s annual operating costs. Under the new system, the association will bulk purchase its court hire in advance.
The association is currently working through its options for taking the payments (including flexible payment options) which will be in line with the majority of children`s sports and activities played across Albury.
Among the many benefits of the new system are:
- Financial savings for families - a family with 3 basketball participants can save up to $104 per season
- Families not having to queue and wait for a game ticket
- Incentive for greater participation – it is planned that participants can play at higher age group levels at no charge
- A more efficient process saving the double handling of individual tickets
- $11,000 in operational savings to the Sports Centre
- The opportunity for the association to obtain additional income which can be used to further promote, support and develop the sport
- Improved kiosk operations.
If you would like to discuss the new system, we`d encourage you to speak with a
representative from the basketball association executive or sports centre
Lauren Jackson Sports Centre
If you`re seriously into sport, you seriously need to visit the Lauren Jackson Sports Centre, where you`ll find a fantastic range of programs and competitions to suit all ages.
Programs and competitions
- Junior sport:
basketball competition and development programs, netball, school holiday programs and Little Athletics.
- Senior sport:
basketball, badminton, futsal, netball, soccer and volleyball.
- Daytime programs:
social badminton, ladies` social netball, Zumba®, Heart Support walkers group and curolling.
Looking for some space to run around in or a place to hold your next event? The Lauren Jackson Sports Centre is available for public hire. Facilities include:
- five indoor sports courts
- a multipurpose area
- mobile and fixed seating for 1,000 people
- meeting rooms
- a kiosk serving great food and coffee
- a foyer area suitable for displays.